Saturday 22 June 2013

Don't let anyone put you down!

Hello Gorgeous!


Teenagers have it hard in the world today  don't they? I mean they think that if their not skinny enough or if their hair isn't perfect, or if they haven't got the latest fashions they aren't perfect enough.

Your teens (so I've been told) is the best years of you life, but is it really? Your going through changes and just figuring out who you are.

 People think they are or aren't perfect, and before you can see anything imperfections in yourself people already pick up on it and can make you even more self conscious.

 But the question I am going to ask is...  Who is responsible for this questioning in young people's mind?

I personally think it's the media's responsibility. I wrote a blog earlier on last year about a clothing company ditching models and using computer software to model there clothes... really? Should this be allowed to go on for young girls to starve themselves and become a size 0 which is really unhealthy.

I was told that the "perfect healthy size" is a size 12/14 (UK sizing)... Now I personally agree with this, but I know a lot of people who won't agree with this and say that is "fat". Nonsense.

Women and Men (I know men have issues with looking good too I've not forgot about you guys), are constantly seeing glossy magazines with flawless celebrities looking "mighty fine", or a tagline with someone moaning about their weight when there's nothing of them.

I really know in the bottom of my heart, nothing will ever change unless more people stand up and notice what is going on here. Do we have celebrities as  role models or we find someone who has actually made a impact on someones life and think "wow that person is totally inspiring".?

I guess what I'm trying to say is you shouldn't be ashamed of yourself, no matter what size you are ect... No body's perfect after all... Are they?

Over and out 

Cally-Marie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment