Tuesday 29 March 2011

Jacqueline Wilson - The idol of my childhood.

I loved reading when I was younger. A geek? Not at all. I used to see my gran every week with a diffrent book and wish I could read as fast as she did cos it took me a couple of weeks to read one book. The first author I can remember reading was Jacqueline Wilson and the book was "Dustin Baby". I read it in primary 4 in a class group and liked it that much that I started reading more books buy Wilson. I remember even readiong the popular "Tracy Beaker" and even watching the childrens shows.
What I like about Jacquline is that children can relate to the charcters because she focuses on realism. Many of her themes have concentrated on abuse, greif, devorice, foster care and many more!

" I want to write to every age group, in a way that can prepare them for what happens in the real world, and raise the awareness levels of many life changing situations. I want to be a friend, really."
Jacquline Wilson

Some of my favorite books by Jacquline Wilson were Tracy Beaker, Bad Girls, Dustin Baby, Viky Angel, The Dimond Girls, Love lessons and Best friends. I also like the designs on the cover on the books and the illstrations in the books by Nick Sharrat.
I still love Wilson's work because it was her stories that inspired me to write when I was younger :)

2 comments:

  1. A good read Cally which really expresses the wide eyed enthusiasm of your discovery of books.
    Who else has got your attention? I would be interested to find out!

    ReplyDelete