Thursday 12 May 2011

My confidence, thanks to college!

I thought I ought to write a follow up on "Cerbal Palsy my side!" today!  I've been getting told that my confidence is grown and don't get me wrong I always listen to who ever is saying these compliments... but I've never really noticed how confident until I started at K-Town community station! We (The Clan) were online on Tuesday night (10/5/11) and we were getting texts from my friends, and mum who were listening and I didn't let my nerves get the better of me. At the start of the course, I would have let the nerves get the better of me. I like how I am now, and I've finally accepted myself and I don't have a problem with my voice anymore (as long as I don't have to hear it getting played back he he!). Basically I'm writing this to say I don't care. I am who I am and I'll succeed in my life because I believe in myself and I know my family and friends believe in me!

Not only that, blogging has given me the power to fall in love with writing all over again! Its became my second passion alongside radio being my first! I've actually had to guts to put one of my stories on my blog.
I just hope anyone with any disability reads this and this helps. If you get told you can't do something... PROVE THEM WRONG - just like I'm doing. Yes... you need determination, but it'll be worth it, won't it?

To be perfectly honest with you, and this is the last I will write about it - I think people need to educate them self's on disability's instead of making fun of something they know nothing about. Things some people say, you can shrug of, but some of it stays with you for a while... that's when you have to learn to stick up for yourself and ignore people who's ignorant enough to make fun of someone who's "Different". Every one's different, just some more than others! I hate the word normal because no-one (in my eyes) knows what normal is. So I'll admit now, I'm not normal but I'm not weird either... I'm unique, just like everybody else!

And I know my confidence has grown, because I've had the confidence to write this, no matter what... I want to get my side of the story clear. :)

1 comment: